Thursday, June 11, 2015

Dinner- My way of making them eat more veggies

So I decided that I was going to try to make something for the whole family to eat.  I settled on a vegetarian lasagna and I made it.


I actually think it looks very good.  It has eggplant, mushrooms, yellow squash, zucchini, orange, yellow and red bell peppers, onion and spinach.  There is cheese in it because it was for the family not just me but it has a white sauce(homemade), a can of tomato sauce, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese.

With it being vegetarian it is about 1/2 to 2/3 fewer calories than meat lasagna because it has no meat in it obviously.  The fat content is WAY less because it is mostly veggies and also the cholesterol is WAY less because of no meat.


My grandmother likes her lasagna unadulterated and she said it was absolutely amazing and she didn't miss the meat because of all the flavor I imparted into the vegetables so the meat wouldn't be missed.  My mom has yet to taste it but she said it looked and smelled good.  Fingers crossed that she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment